Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pi Day vs. Steak & a BJ Day

Stuff and things...

Today is a duel holiday.

It's Pi Day (3.14).

It's also Steak and a Blow Job Day. (This is the man's answer to Valentine's Day, one month later.)

Jesse suggested a couple of weeks ago that we only eat pie on Pi Day...but I'm thinking he didn't think that one through. Otherwise, the words would have never left his mouth. He takes S&BJ Day very, very seriously -- we threw a formal dinner party to celebrate it once.

At any rate, it's ALSO payday. This is good, otherwise we wouldn't be celebrating either holiday in any kind of style.

I managed to run a bunch of errands this morning, which makes me feel like an accomplished grownup...even though I accomplished all of these errands wearing a silly striped hat that is too small.





One of the errands I ran was to stop by my friend Jocelyn's house to peruse her pile of outgrown little girl clothing. This was a huge success -- I ended up getting nearly a full wardrobe for Ava for $45. Not only is this cheaper than buying clothes in the store, but it was complete outfits. So, now my kid is going to look like her mom knows how to dress her. This is a bonus.

While I'd like to be able to run to the grocery store this afternoon, Wes is feeling crappy and I don't see that happening. Poor guy has a fever and a cough. This morning he coughed so hard he threw up on me. That was fun...though, it probably went better now than it would have ten years ago. At this point, I've built up a certain level of immunity to gross things that are byproducts of my children. I happened to be wearing two shirts, so I just pulled off the top one and kept on trucking.

I started using Twitter. I think I like it...though I'd like it better if I could connect it to my facebook. I guess they're having some issues setting up a connection between the two right now.

Oh, and I would like this for my birthday, please:

http://www.winningsolution.com/premium-games-for-sale/scrabble-typography-edition/


No comments: