Thursday, March 1, 2012

Today I...

...went grocery shopping hungry.
...added what looks to be a promising white board system to the big kids' chore rotations.
...learned some very humbling and enlightening truths about infertility and infant loss from a new friend's blog.
...played several rounds of Draw Something! on my phone.
...withdrew Max from guitar lessons based on his teacher's recommendation.
...signed both of them up for baseball. (The last frontier of Youth Sports for my kids - they have already done soccer, football, and basketball.)
...had my first (virtual, thank God) exposure to Hydnellum Peckii AKA "bleeding tooth fungus".
...was charmed by my husband's geeky enthusiasm about an upcoming anime convention.
...put off several of my planned chores so my son could nap in my lap.
...stayed up entirely too late reading fan fiction for the first time in probably more than a year.

Elaboration on the shopping trip, via my facebook status:



**Grocery shopping on an empty stomach = Fail.

...and I mean "fail" in the most delicious and ridiculous ways possible.
**There is more crap in those grocery bags right now than there has been cumulatively in our pantry for the last six months.

Ava went with me (also starving) and the entire time sounded something like, "Ohh! Coconut marshmallows?!? I didn't know they made those!"

"You know what those would be great for? S'mores!!"

"We've got to go back for chocolate and graham crackers!"

Lather. Rinse. Repeat. We must have backtracked four times. lol
**I like how she has mastered the concepts of "sarcasm" and "enabling". Now we just need "flagrant lack of regard for savings accounts" and she'll be the ultimate shopping buddy.
**I just assessed the damage. I did buy everything on my list...AND two bags of marshmallows (coconut and regular), six chocolate bars, two boxes of graham crackers, four boxes of pudding, a package of birthday oreos, three brownie mixes (two original and one mudpie), four small containers of Ben and Jerry's (two mint cookie, two chocolate fudge), a pineapple-orange bundt cake (wtf??), whipped cream, three rolls of cinnamon rolls, and two boxes of PopTarts (apple strudel and cookies n cream).

Also, we realized at the end that we hadn't picked up anything for dinner tonight, so we bought three packages of frozen appetizer thingies from Friday's...and a big box of Bagelbites.

...then we realized we didn't have time to cook it, so we got Burger King on the way home.

*THUD*

I swear!! It didn't seem like ~that~ much while we were shopping! lol

No comments: